Save the date for our 9th Annual Wave Race. It will be held at Apollo Park!
The event will include:
- 5K Wave Race/ Walk
- Open Mile Race – for ALL AGES
- Combo – do both races.
- VIRTUAL OPTION FOR EITHER RACE!
5K WAVE RACE Info:
- This RACE is Totally FAIR! It is a handicapped race based on Age-Graded tables. If you are a good runner for your age or gender, you could WIN this race! Your start time will depend on your age and gender per the table below.
- Hi Quality, custom made spin medals (better than your typical 5k medal) will be given to the top 50 overall finishers – not based on age divisions. There are no age group divisions or awards since the start of the race is handicapped by age and gender.
- VERY FLAT and FAST course!!
- The course will be somewhat shady as the path around the lake is lined with trees, and it will be VERY spectator friendly!
- The Staging area will be on the west side of the lake/park
- All race participants get an entry into the raffle! We will have a few OUTSTANDING prizes.
- All entries get a t-shirt – while supplies last.
- WAVE RACE STARTS at 9 am
1 MILE ALL AGES RACE Info:
- Apollo Park has a beautiful 1 mile path around the park. So, we will be offering a 1 mile race/walk for ALL AGES!
- ALL finishers will receive a medal.
- There will be age group engravings for placing top 3 in age divisions.
- Adults and youth get a free entry into the raffle and a free t-shirt while supplies last.
- MILE RACE START TIME IS 8:30 AM
Pre-race Check-in and registration will also available the day before the race! On Friday October 26, from 4 to 8 pm Vince’s Pasta and Pizza on Ave L, near 30th St West, will be hosting our pre-race check-in. Come to Vince’s and pick up your bib number, t-shirt, and goodie bag OR take care of last minute registration. While you are there enjoy some pasta and/or pizza. A portion of the proceeds will go to further support our cause – WAVE.
VIRTUAL RACE Info:
- You may show your support for WAVE by completing either or both races on your own time at your own location.
- Just register online and submit your results to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of November. You will receive your race medal(s) thereafter.
- High Desert Runners members will receive Gran Prix Points for completing either or both events!